32A 7.6kW OpenEVSE custom outdoor case with LCD, selectable length BSA Ultra Flexible J1772 cable - EVSE K15-40A in PDF
Now includes the Ammeter option!
32A 7.6kW OpenEVSE custom outdoor case with LCD
- OpenEVSE 40A in a beautiful custom case for indoor/outdoor use!
In the package, you will receive:
- Your very own OpenEVSE 32A charging station completely build with the following cables already wired in
- A Low Temp rubber J1772 "Whip" (plugs into car)
- A input cable with 14-50P plug (also known as 'RV' plug and Range plug)
- Assembled by BSA Electronics in Las Vegas, NV
- 3 years parts/labor warranty
The 40-amp OpenEVSE station is ready to plug into any NEMA 14-50 outlet, and it works with all production EVs on the road today. It offers faster charging and more features like a nice LCD at a far lower price than any of the competitors.
It is perfect for customers who are tired of long slow charging with their stock “brick” chargers. I can speak from personal experience; my 2013 LEAF went from 24 hr charge time down to 5 hours! Don’t pay the dealer $2000 for an AeroVironment 30A charger with NO LCD that’s permanently on the wall. (That’s what many including myself have been quoted!) Get yourself an OpenEVSE Charging Station and support the open source hardware/software movement.
- More power and features for the money than any other charging station
- Can be used with any power source: Plugs into a dryer, RV park or regular wall outlet with available adapters. Save hundreds of dollars on installation - just install a common NEMA 14-50 outlet and you are ready to plug in your OpenEVSE
- Great for both Home or on-the-road charging: OpenEVSE can be removed from the wall via slotted screw holes in seconds if you wish to take it with you as a portable charging option. OpenEVSE is just 8.75"x5"x3.5" and weighs ~12lbs with cables.
- Ammeter in display to show how much current your drawing
- Indoor and Outdoor rated
I added the optional Ammeter that shows current draw in amps right in the LCD and now with firmware v3.7.8 and up the EVSE keeps track of kW used per session as well as lifetime, with memory!
It will charge any J1772 compliant car at up to 32A. However you can dial it back to whatever you have for a supply like a 20A welder or A/C outlet (adapters available from me)
The OpenEVSE may be set in multiple steps between 6A-32A in 2 amp increments. This advertises the available current to the EV which intern draws what it is designed for. You can go into the menu and set it for less if you take the EVSE on the road with you to fit what you may find in the wild.
This unit is constructed with a 40A power input cable and a 50A contactor. It is built to plug into a common 14-50 outlet used in RV parks and Range/Oven’s
- OpenEVSE main board
- A Low Temp rubber J1772 "Whip" (plugs into car)
- The contactor is a quality Packard 50A 240v unit
- The input cable is 40A 8ga. with the popular NEMA 14-50 plug. This is the one all the Tesla guys have installed as well as the standard at RV parks!
- You can even use the PlugShare app and set the filters to include NEMA 14-50 and see all of them in the country, there are a surprising number of them.
- It has a nice Blue LCD display.
- Ammeter for on screen amperage draw plus watt-hour (Wh) session meter and lifetime kilo-watt-hour (kWh) meter on LCD
- I used a metal Menu/Select button. With IP65 water resistance rating
- Heat shrink tubing used throughout.
- All parts are new.
Here is a link to me demoing its bigger brother:
If you would like this unit customized with a twist lock plug for example or something other than the NEMA 14-50 plug I can do that for the difference in parts. For example a L6-30. This would allow you to use many adapters. I also build custom adapters, Please email me with your custom request.
Custom order possibilities:
I get a lot of inquires about custom builds. YES I definitely take orders for anything you would like to see in your EVSE. Example I can build this one here for the same price and make the Whip longer for only a few dollars a foot up to 50ft. Please see the Custom category.
It will charge any J1772 compliant car at up to 32A including home built/converted cars with a J1772 inlet installed.
New Tax Credit now available!
Federal tax credit for installing EV charging equipment. The tax credit for EV charging equipment is officially called the Alternative Refueling Tax Credit (IRS Section 30(C)). For Consumers, this allows for a 30% tax credit up to a total of $1,000 on EV charging equipment, including installation. The IRS will provide new forms for this tax credit early in the year. Please check with your tax accountant to verify that you qualify.
- 8.75 x 5.25 x 3.30 in. / 222.25 x 133.35 x 83.82 mm
- UL Listed to UL 508A, Type 1, 2, 4, 4X, 12 and 13 specifications (File E352997)
- Designed to IP66 of IEC 529 specifications
- Silicone rubber gasket makes this ideal for outdoor use in a wide range of conditions
- Surface-mounting flanges
- Stainless steel screws thread into brass inserts for reliable cover seal.
- Durable, impact-resistant UV Stabilized Polycarbonate material with polished finish
Main Board Specs:
- Open Source - Hardware (Creative Commons 3.0 BY-SA) and Firmware (GNU GPL v3)
- Fully supports SAE J1772 Recommended Practice
- Software adjustable pilot
- 4W Switch Mode Power Supply Integrated
- Built in GFCI with 20ma trip point
- Supports all J1772 states including "ventilation required"
- Supports Diode check
- AC L1 -- L2 auto detect Current setting for each (only L2 available on this build)
- Ground verification and Stuck Relay detection
We Also Recommend
OpenEVSE Value Series - 16A 3.84kW 240volt Charging Station with RGB LCD & Real Time Clock, Ammeter, WiFi connected
40A 9.6kW Premium OpenEVSE custom outdoor case with RGB LCD & Real Time Clock, selectable length BSA Ultra Flexible J1772 cable - EVSE K25-50A in PDF