50A 12kW OpenEVSE portable outdoor with LCD, selectable length BSA Ultra Flexible Telsa cable - EVSE TS15-50A
- OpenEVSE 50A in a beautiful custom graphic case for portable indoor/outdoor use!
In the package, you will receive:
- Your very own OpenEVSE 50A charging station completely build with the following cables already wired in
- A Custom 15 to 30 foot, 50amp Tesla "Whip" with PET braided sleeving. (plugs into car) addl. footage available!
- A 3.5-foot input cable with 14-50P plug (also known as 'RV' plug and Range plug)
- Assembled by BSA Electronics in Las Vegas, NV
- 2 years parts/labor warranty
The 50-amp OpenEVSE station is ready to plug into any NEMA 14-50 outlet, and it works with all years of the Tesla Model S and Model X. It offers fast charging and more features like a beautiful full LCD screen that the Tesla factory cable doesn't have.
It is perfect for customers who need to replace their factory Tesla charging cord. Get yourself an OpenEVSE Charging Station and support the open source hardware/software movement.
- More power and features for the money than any other charging station
- Can be used with any power source: Plugs into a dryer, RV park or regular wall outlet with available adapters. Save hundreds of dollars on installation - just install a common NEMA 14-50 outlet and you are ready to plug in your OpenEVSE
- Great for both Home or on-the-road charging: OpenEVSE can be removed from the wall via slotted screw holes in seconds if you wish to take it with you as a portable charging option. OpenEVSE is just 8.75"x5"x3.5" and weighs ~12lbs with cables.
- Indoor and Outdoor rated
It will charge your Tesla at up to 40A. However you can dial it back to whatever you have for a supply such as a 30A Dryer outlet or a 20amp A/C outlet (adapters available from me)
The OpenEVSE may be set in multiple steps between 6A-40A in 2 amp increments. This advertises the available current to the EV which intern draws what it is designed for. You can go into the menu and set it for less if you take the EVSE on the road with you to fit what you may find in the wild.
This unit is constructed with a 50A power input cable and a 50A contactor. It is built to plug into a common 14-50 outlet used in RV parks and Range/Oven’s
- OpenEVSE main board
- 50A BSA Custom Tesla "Whip"
- The contactor is a quality Packard 50A 240v unit
- The input cable is 50A 3.5ft. 6ga. with the popular NEMA 14-50 plug. This is the one all the Tesla guys have installed as well as the standard at RV parks!
- You can even use the PlugShare app and set the filters to include NEMA 14-50 and see all of them in the country, there are a surprising number of them.
- It has a nice Blue LCD display.
- I used a metal Menu/Select button. With IP65 water resistance rating
- Heat shrink tubing used throughout.
- All parts are new.
If you would like this unit customized with a twist lock plug for example or something other than the NEMA 14-50 plug I can do that for the difference in parts. For example a L15-50. This would allow you to use many adapters. I also build custom adapters, Please email me with your custom request.
Custom order possibilities:
I get a lot of inquires about custom builds. YES I definitely take orders for anything you would like to see in your EVSE. Example I can build this one here for the same price and make the Whip longer for only a few dollars a foot up to 50ft. Please see the Custom category.
Works with the following vehicles
Tesla Model S (all years)
Tesla Model X (all years)
It will charge a Tesla at up to 40 amps.
New Tax Credit now available!
Included in the omnibus bill that Congress passed and the President signed on Friday December 18, 2015 was a 30% Federal tax credit for installing EV charging equipment good through the end of 2016. The tax credit for EV charging equipment is officially called the Alternative Refueling Tax Credit (IRS Section 30(C)). For Consumers, this allows for a 30% tax credit up to a total of $1,000 on EV charging equipment, including installation. The IRS will provide new forms for this tax credit in early 2016. Please check with your tax accountant to verify that you qualify.
- 8.75 x 5.25 x 3.30 in. / 222.25 x 133.35 x 83.82 mm
- UL Listed to UL 508A, Type 1, 2, 4, 4X, 12 and 13 specifications (File E352997)
- Designed to IP66 of IEC 529 specifications
- Silicone rubber gasket makes this ideal for outdoor use in a wide range of conditions
- Surface-mounting flanges
- Stainless steel screws thread into brass inserts for reliable cover seal.
- Durable, impact-resistant UV Stabilized Polycarbonate material with polished finish
Main Board Specs:
- Open Source - Hardware (Creative Commons 3.0 BY-SA) and Firmware (GNU GPL v3)
- Fully supports SAE J1772 Recommended Practice
- Software adjustable pilot
- 4W Switch Mode Power Supply Integrated
- Built in GFCI with 20ma trip point
- Supports all J1772 states including "ventilation required"
- Supports Diode check
- AC L1 -- L2 auto detect Current setting for each (only L2 available on this build)
- Ground verification and Stuck Relay detection
We Also Recommend
50A 12kW Premium OpenEVSE custom outdoor case with RGB LCD & Real Time Clock, selectable length BSA Ultra Flexible J1772 cable - EVSE K25-50A in PDF
40A 9.6kW OpenEVSE Deluxe outdoor Charging Station, selectable length BSA Ultra Flexible J1772 cable - EVSE6 in PDF
40A 9.6kW OpenEVSE custom outdoor case with LCD, selectable length BSA Ultra Flexible J1772 cable - EVSE K15-40A in PDF