EVSE adapter plugs into 1996 and up Dryer outlets and 50amp Electric Range outlets - Adapter #18
3 in one adapter! Allows you to plug your EVSE with 6-15 or 6-20 plug into NEMA 14-30, 14-50, 14-60 outlets, EVSE's running on 240 volts don't require the neutral line so this adapter works slick by eliminating the neutral blade we can plug into several 14-series NEMA outlets, This is called a 14-xx plug.
- Plugs into common 50amp 240v Electric Stove Top outlet which is also the very popular outlet used at camp grounds sometimes referred to as a "RV50", this is technically a NEMA 14-50.
- Plugs into common 30amp 240v Dryer outlets found in homes built in 1996 and newer, this is know as a NEMA 14-30 outlet.
- Plugs into the 60amp 240v outlet found at some Fair Grounds which is the NEMA 14-60.
20amp outlets typically have one straight slot and one "T" shaped slot. The "T" shaped slots indicates backward compatibility with 15amp plugs. This is what allows Adapter #18 to accept two different plugs.
Adapter #18 30amp Universal 14-50 Plug (14-xx) to 6-20R socket (240v 20amp)
Here are the more common NEMA outlets:
- 5-15 standard 15A 120v household outlet, the most common you see everywhere.
- 5-20 standard 20A 120v household outlet, required by code in bathroom and behind your refrigerator.
- 6-20 standard 20A 240v household outlet, found in homes and motels for running in-wall Air Conditioners, also found occasionally in residential garages.
- 6-50 standard 50A 240v 3-prong outlet, found in shops and garages used for large welders.
- 10-30 standard 30A 240v 3-prong Dryer outlet found in homes build before 1996
- 14-30 standard 30A 240v 4-prong Dryer outlet found in homes build after 1996
- 14-50 standard 50A 240v 4-prong Range (electric stove top) outlet, also called RV-50 at the RV parks. By far the best universal connector to have for an EVSE. This is the ones the Tesla guys install in their garages.
- TT-30 (travel trailer 30amp) 30A 240v 3-prong outlet, the older style found in RV parks, not used in residential homes.
- L6-30 (locking 240v 30amp) Twist-Lock 30A 240v outlet, my personal favorite locking connector, easy to find in stores, works great for adding adapters to portables EVSE’s equipped with a L6-30 plug.
We Also Recommend
EVSE adapter to plug into common 15amp and 20amp 120 volt wall outlets, for 6-20P EVSE's - Adapter #57
Adapter #90 20amp - 14-xx Plug to 5-15 / 5-20 socket TURBO adapter For all Tesla, 2016+ Volt and Bolt EVSE's and for Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid
EVSE adapter to plug into pre-1996 Dryer outlets - Adapter #16 30amp 10-30 Plug to 6-20R socket