Power Spy™ #11 30A 240v power monitor - NEMA 10-30 to single 10-30 outlet with kWh meter
Click here for an easier way to order your Power Spy™ at my Customize your own page; Power Spy Customize your own
Power Spy™ allows you to monitor your 10-30 outlet's energy usage. Now you can see exactly how much your computer rack, cryptocurrency miners, electric vehicle charging equipment, or anything else equipped with an NEMA 10-30 plug is using for power. The beautiful four color meter tells you instantly what your line voltage is, your amperage draw is, your wattage draw is, and it even accumulates kilowatt-hours (kWh's). You can multiply the kilowatt-hours by your local electrical rate to see how many dollars and cents it cost to run your particular device. We pay approximately $0.125 per kWh here in Las Vegas. The total is accumulated until you press the recessed reset button. The total is even held during power outages. This is a great solution to monitor the cost of operating any appliance. This unit is built with a 10-30 plug and one 10-30 outlet.
Need some help identifying your wall outlet? We can help! Below is a description of the more common NEMA outlets and their numbers as well as some handy NEMA plug charts. You can also email us a pic of your plugs and outlets you need help identifying and we would be happy to help.
Here are the more common NEMA outlets:
- 5-15 standard 15A 120 volt household outlet, the most common you see everywhere.
- 5-20 standard 20A 120 volt household outlet, required by code in bathroom and behind your refrigerator.
- 6-15 standard 15A 240 volt household outlet, found in homes and motels for running in-wall Air Conditioners, it’s the smaller brother to the NEMA 6-20 outlet. The 5-20 is not as common as a 6-20 outlet with it’s “T” shaped slot as it will accept both 6-20 and 6-15 plugs.
- 6-20 standard 20A 240 volt household outlet, found in homes and motels for running in-wall Air Conditioners, also found occasionally in residential garages.
- 6-30 standard 30A 240 volt 3-prong outlet, found in shops and garages used for medium size welders.
- 6-50 standard 50A 240 volt 3-prong outlet, found in shops and garages used for large welders.
- 10-30 standard 30A 240 volt 3-prong Dryer outlet found in homes build before 1996, replaced by 14-30 in 1996.
- 14-30 standard 30A 240 volt 4-prong Dryer outlet found in homes build in 1996 and newer
- 14-50 standard 50A 240 volt 4-prong Range (electric stove top) outlet, also called RV-50 at the RV parks. By far the best universal connector to have for an EVSE. This is the one the Tesla guys install in their garages.
- 10-50 OLD 50A 240 volt 3-prong Range (electric stove top) outlet, also found in old shops used for large welders, replaced by 14-50
- TT-30 (Travel Trailer 30amp) 30A 120 volt 3-prong outlet, the older style found in RV parks, not used in residential homes.
- L6-30 (locking 240 volt 30amp) Twist-Lock 30A 240 volt outlet, my personal favorite locking connector, easy to find in stores, works great for adding adapters to portables EVSE’s equipped with a L6-30 plug. Commonly used for CPU server racks and PDU’s
220/240 volt outlets are commonly installed with the ground pin towards the ceiling for safety. 110/120 volt outlets can be found mounted in all directions. Be sure to carefully look at your outlet and the chart, it's easy to mistake one outlet for another if your outlet has it's ground pin facing the floor instead of the ceiling or Vice Versa compared to the chart.
In the full NEMA number you will see a capital R or P. The R stands for Receptacle (outlet) and the P stands for Plug, we commonly truncate this to just the numbers and add the word receptacle (or outlet) at the end. For example 14-50R becomes 14-50 receptacle or 14-50 outlet.
Need some extra length between your wall outlet and Power Spy™ or between the Power Spy™ and your computer rack? I custom build extension cords to the length your need and with the plug and outlet of your choice, see my extensions in the Adapter’s section for several models; Extension Cords
Email me with your custom request.