48A 11.5kW BSA Power Station™ - Premium Level 2 load balancing J1772 Charging Station for all Electric Vehicles
- Premium Charging in a beautiful design for indoor/outdoor use, available in silver or black!
In the package, you will receive:
- Your very own Premium BSA Power Station™ Based upon the 80 amp capable Tesla Gen II Wall Connector (HPWC) with the following cables already wired in
- A 50amp Low Temp rubber J1772 "Whip" (plugs into car)
- Hard-wired power input OR optional power input cables, the 14-50P plug also known as 'RV' plug and Range plug is very common
- Level 2 240volt fast charging
- Built by BSA Electronics in Las Vegas, NV
- 1 years parts/labor warranty
The 48-amp Premium BSA Power Station™ is ready to be hard-wired and works with all production EV’s on the road today. It offers faster charging and exclusive load balancing between a max of 4 stations.
- More power and advanced features for the money than other charging stations
Intelligent Load Sharing: The BSA Power Station provides the capability to
wire up to 4 BSA Power Station and Tesla Wall Connectors to a single circuit, giving vehicle owners reassurance that they can charge multiple vehicles at home simultaneously!
Smart during a power outage: If a power outage occurs, the BSA Power Station
automatically resumes charging when power is restored. If the charging cable is plugged into the vehicle when power is restored, the lights blink and the unit does not energize the charging cable for approximately 15 seconds
to three minutes. This prevents the utility grid from experiencing a large surge when power is restored and allows vehicles to begin drawing
current at random times, rather than all at once
- Can be used with any power source: Use a double pole circuit breaker rated for 100A to obtain the fastest charging for 2 or more stations. In certain installation locations, this level of power isn’t readily available. Therefore, you can adjust the circuit breaker rating on the BSA Power Station from 15A to 100A
- Based upon Tesla's robust 80amp Wall Connector: De-rated to 48amps to leverage the heavy duty build of an 80 amp unit while never breaking a sweat at 48 amps
- Automatic Self-Monitoring and Recovery: The BSA Power Station has a ground monitoring circuit that continuously checks for the presence of a safe ground connection and automatically recovers from faults. Manual testing and resetting is not required. Temporary problems such as ground faults or utility power surges are overcome automatically. If a residual current fault occurs that interrupts charging, the BSA Power Station automatically tries to clear the fault and reattempt charging. If the problem is immediately sensed a second time, the BSA Power Station waits 15 minutes before trying to charge. This process repeats 4 times and if all attempts are unsuccessful, power is removed and no further attempts are made. In this case, you will see a red error light on the front panel. It is recommended that when you see a red error light, you power off the BSA Power Station by switching off the upstream circuit breaker, and then power it back on again. The BSA Power Station can alternatively be reset when a red error light is encountered using the RESET button
- Indoor and Outdoor rated
The BSA Power Station will charge any Tesla with their J1772 adapter as well as any J1772 compliant car at up to 48 amps when hard-wired, 40 amps when equipped with a 50 amp power cord such as the NEMA 14-50, however you can dial it back to whatever you have for a supply like a 30A dryer outlet (adapters and power cables available from me)
Also know as Load Sharing and Load Balancing this the the number one strong point of the BSA Power Station! it is compatible with a mix of up to 3 other BSA Power Stations/Tesla Second Generation (GEN 2) Wall Connectors as a slave or master (see guidelines below). The load sharing feature allows a single electrical circuit from your breaker panel to be shared, servicing up to four Charging Stations at the same time. This allows simultaneous use of all your stations, by dynamically lowering the output of the each station as Electric Vehicles plug in and raising it as they unplug the total current limit (in amps) you dial in on the master unit is never exceeded. Any of your units can be the master, the remaining units, up to 3, are set as slaves.
Multi unit guidelines and restrictions:
The BSA Power Stations may be the Master in the system or a Slave. DON'T exceed 48amps, this is the continuous rating of the J1772 cable. DON'T set the rotary switch higher than position 9, the 48 amp position. All BSA Power Stations/Tesla Second Generation (GEN 2) Wall Connectors will top out at 48 amps in the load sharing group. If you set the BSA Power Station as a Slave be sure the master is NOT set higher than 48 amps on the rotary switch during installation.
The EVSE may be set in multiple steps between 12A-80A in small increments to match all circuit sizes from 15-100 amps. This advertises the available current to the EV which intern draws what it is designed for.
The unit is shipped set at 40 amps for a 50amp circuit which is the correct setting for users wanting to hard-wire into a 50 amp circuit or plug into a 14-50 (240v 50amp) outlet. By hard-wiring into a 60 amp circuit the Premium BSA Power Station's full potential of 48 amps continuous may be realized, the 50amp J1772 with 63A high current plug cable is rated for 50amps continuous.
- Based upon Tesla's robust 80amp Gen II Wall Connector
- A Low Temp rubber J1772 "Whip" (plugs into car)
- Multiple mounting options and directions for Hard-wire power cable entry
- Unit becomes a cable hanger using large stand-off mounting base (Top Entry bracket).
- Water proof reset button on side.
- Voltage and Wiring 208V or 240V AC single-phase: L1, L2, and earth
- Current Maximum output: 48A, 40A, 36A,
- 32A, 28A, 24A, 20A, 16A, 12A
- Frequency 50 to 60 Hz
- BSA Power Station Dimensions Height: 15.0" (380 mm)
- Width: 6.3" (160 mm)
- Depth: 5.5" (140 mm)
- Top Entry Bracket Dimensions Height: 10.8" (275 mm)
- Width: 5.1 " (130 mm)
- Depth: 2.0" (50 mm)
- Weight (including bracket) 20 lb (9 kg)
- Operating Temperature -22°F to 122°F (-30°C to 50°C)
- Storage Temperature -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
- Enclosure Rating Type 3R
- Agency Approvals cULus listed for United States and Canada under file
- number E354307, FCC Part 15.
- Ventilation Not Required
Here is a link to the original Tesla install manual:
If you would like this unit customized with a twist lock plug for example or something other than a NEMA 14-50 plug I can do that for the difference in parts. For example a L14-50. This would allow you to use many adapters. I also build custom adapters, Please email me with your custom request.
Custom order possibilities:
I get a lot of inquires about custom builds. YES I definitely take orders for anything you would like to see in your EVSE. Feel free to ask a question.
Works with the following vehicles and more!
Tesla Model S (with OEM J1772 adapter)
Tesla Model 3 (with OEM J1772 adapter)
Tesla Model X (with OEM J1772 adapter)
Tesla Model Y (with OEM J1772 adapter)
All EV's with standard J1772 port
It will charge any J1772 compliant including home built/converted cars with a J1772 inlet installed.
New Tax Credit now available!
Federal tax credit for installing EV charging equipment. The tax credit for EV charging equipment is officially called the Alternative Refueling Tax Credit (IRS Section 30(C)). For Consumers, this allows for a 30% tax credit up to a total of $1,000 on EV charging equipment, including installation. The IRS will provide new forms for this tax credit early in the year. Please check with your tax accountant to verify that you qualify.
We Also Recommend
OpenEVSE Value Series - 16A 3.84kW 240volt Charging Station with RGB LCD & Real Time Clock, Ammeter, WiFi connected
40A 9.6kW Premium OpenEVSE custom outdoor case with RGB LCD & Real Time Clock, Ammeter and WiFi connected - EVSE K25-50A