Camco EZ pull TT-30 (Travel Trailer) Plug to Camco EZ-pull 14-50 socket adapter - Adapter #23
Allows you to plug your EVSE with 14-50 plug into TT-30 (Travel Trailer 30amp) outlets, sometime referred to as RV30.
- Plugs into 30amp 120v outlet commonly found in RV parks sometimes referred to as a "RV30", this is technically a NEMA TT-30
Note: Your EVSE must be 120 volt compatible to use this adapter such as my D25-16A EVSE, EVSE2, EVSE60, EVSE74 for example. Color of power cord may vary. This is for EVSE's NOT RV, and a RV adapter won't work because the pin-out is different for a RV's different purpose. They use L-to-L1&2, N-to-N, G-to-G
The NEMA TT-30 (TT stands for Travel Trailer) connector is a 120 V 30 A recreational vehicle standard (hot-neutral-ground), also known as RV 30. The TT-30R receptacle is commonly available in nearly all RV parks in the United States and Canada, and all but the largest RVs manufactured since the 1970s use this plug to connect to power feeds.
The appearance of this plug is sometimes confused with a NEMA 10 connector, rated for 240 V, but the NEMA TT-30 is a 120 V device. The hot and neutral blades are angled at 45° from vertical and 90° to each other, similar to NEMA 10 devices, but the plug is slightly smaller than a NEMA 10 and larger than ordinary 5-15P plugs. The ground pin is round, like those on straight-blade NEMA grounding devices. Referring to the picture, the orientation is the same as the NEMA 5 plug and receptacle, with the neutral blade on the lower right.
Adapter #23 Camco EZ-Pull TT-30 Plug to Camco EZ-Pull 14-50 socket adapter
Here are the more common NEMA outlets:
- 5-15 standard 15A 120v household outlet, the most common you see everywhere.
- 5-20 standard 20A 120v household outlet, required by code in bathroom and behind your refrigerator.
- 6-20 standard 20A 240v household outlet, found in homes and motels for running in-wall Air Conditioners, also found occasionally in residential garages.
- 6-50 standard 50A 240v 3-prong outlet, found in shops and garages used for large welders.
- 10-30 standard 30A 240v 3-prong Dryer outlet found in homes build before 1996
- 14-30 standard 30A 240v 4-prong Dryer outlet found in homes build after 1996
- 14-50 standard 50A 240v 4-prong Range (electric stove top) outlet, also called RV-50 at the RV parks. By far the best universal connector to have for an EVSE. This is the ones the Tesla guys install in their garages.
- TT-30 (travel trailer 30amp) 30A 240v 3-prong outlet, the older style found in RV parks, not used in residential homes.
- L6-30 (locking 240v 30amp) Twist-Lock 30A 240v outlet, my personal favorite locking connector, easy to find in stores, works great for adding adapters to portables EVSE’s equipped with a L6-30 plug.
Note: This is for EVSE’s (Electric Vehicle Charging Stations) NOT RV, and a RV adapter won't work because the pin-out is different for a RV's different purpose.
We Also Recommend
EVSE adapter to plug into common 15amp and 20amp 120 volt wall outlets, for 6-20P EVSE's - Adapter #57
EVSE adapter plugs into 1996 and up Dryer outlets and 50amp Electric Range outlets - Adapter #18