EVSE adapter to allow 14-50 plug equipped EVSE's to plug into common 15amp and 20amp 120 volt wall outlets - Adapter #83
Plugs into common 15amp and 20amp 120 volt wall outlets. Allows you to plug your 14-50 plug equipped EVSE into standard NEMA 5-15 or 5-20 outlets. 20amp outlets typically have one straight slot and one "T" shaped slot. The "T" shaped slots indicates backward compatibility with 15amp plugs. This is what allows Adapter #83 to fit into two different sockets.
Constructed with heavy cable for use on 15 and 20 amp circuits.
Note: Your EVSE must be 120 volt compatible to use this adapter such as my D25-16A EVSE, EVSE2, EVSE60, EVSE74 for example. Please note EVSE D25-16A is a non-adjustable 16amp unit and requires a 20amp minimum circuit. Color of power cord may vary.
Adapter #83: 20amp, 5-15P to 14-50R box outlet adapter
Here are the more common NEMA outlets:
- 5-15 standard 15A 120v household outlet, the most common you see everywhere.
- 5-20 standard 20A 120v household outlet, required by code in bathroom and behind your refrigerator.
- 6-20 standard 20A 240v household outlet, found in homes and motels for running in-wall Air Conditioners, also found occasionally in residential garages.
- 6-50 standard 50A 240v 3-prong outlet, found in shops and garages used for large welders.
- 10-30 standard 30A 240v 3-prong Dryer outlet found in homes build before 1996
- 14-30 standard 30A 240v 4-prong Dryer outlet found in homes build after 1996
- 14-50 standard 50A 240v 4-prong Range (electric stove top) outlet, also called RV-50 at the RV parks. By far the best universal connector to have for an EVSE. This is the ones the Tesla guys install in their garages.
- TT-30 (travel trailer 30amp) 30A 240v 3-prong outlet, the older style found in RV parks, not used in residential homes.
- L6-30 (locking 240v 30amp) Twist-Lock 30A 240v outlet, my personal favorite locking connector, easy to find in stores, works great for adding adapters to portables EVSE’s equipped with a L6-30 plug.
Note: This is for EVSE’s (Electric Vehicle Charging Stations) NOT RV, and a RV adapter won't work because the pin-out is different for a RV's different purpose.
We Also Recommend
EVSE adapter to plug into common 15amp and 20amp 120 volt wall outlets, for 6-20P EVSE's - Adapter #57
EVSE adapter plugs into 1996 and up Dryer outlets and 50amp Electric Range outlets - Adapter #18