Adapter #117 20amp 5-20 Plug to 6-50 box outlet
Plugs into common 20amp 120 volt wall outlet. Allows you to plug your 6-50 plug equipped EVSE into a NEMA 5-20 outlet common in bathrooms. 16amps is the maximum continuous load for a 20amp outlet, you must set your EVSE or Electric Vehicle to 16amps or less.
Note: Your EVSE must be 120 volt compatible to use this adapter such as my D25-16A EVSE.
- 5-15 standard 15A 120v household outlet, the most common you see everywhere.
- 5-20 standard 20A 120v household outlet, required by code in bathroom and behind your refrigerator.
- 6-20 standard 20A 240v household outlet, found in homes and motels for running in-wall Air Conditioners, also found occasionally in residential garages.
- 6-50 standard 50A 240v 3-prong outlet, found in shops and garages used for large welders.
- 10-30 standard 30A 240v 3-prong Dryer outlet found in homes build before 1996
- 14-30 standard 30A 240v 4-prong Dryer outlet found in homes build after 1996
- 14-50 standard 50A 240v 4-prong Range (electric stove top) outlet, also called RV-50 at the RV parks. By far the best universal connector to have for an EVSE. This is the ones the Tesla guys install in their garages.
- TT-30 (travel trailer 30amp) 30A 240v 3-prong outlet, the older style found in RV parks, not used in residential homes.
- L6-30 (locking 240v 30amp) Twist-Lock 30A 240v outlet, my personal favorite locking connector, easy to find in stores, works great for adding adapters to portables EVSE’s equipped with a L6-30 plug.
We Also Recommend
EVSE adapter plugs into 1996 and up Dryer outlets and 50amp Electric Range outlets - Adapter #18
EVSE adapter to plug into common 15amp and 20amp 120 volt wall outlets, for 6-20P EVSE's - Adapter #57
Adapter #90 20amp 14-xx Plug to 5-15 / 5-20 socket adapter For 2016+ Volt and Bolt EVSE's Also for Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid