EV Adapter Extension Cord Customize Your Own
This is the EV Adapter Extension Cord Customize Your Own Page, here you pick your own Plug and Outlets amongst many choices, this is offered as an easier alternative to looking through our catalog for a pre-configured Adapters and Extension Cords to fit your needs.
The TURBO 5-15 / 5-20 option allows you to connect a 240v compatible device that's equipped with a 120v 5-15 or 5-20 plug. Be sure to check the information plate on your device or check online to insure it can handle 240 volts, some factory EVSE are 240v compatible and are not labeled such as the stock Tesla Gen 2 Mobile Connector included with new Tesla's, EVSE's that come with the Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid and the stock EVSE's included with the 2016-2018 GM Volt and GM Bolt
Example uses are:
Boost the output of the stock Tesla Gen 2 Mobile Connector included with new Tesla's to cut charge times in half without buying additional Tesla adapters. Using it's included NEMA 5-15 plug allows you to use standard extension cords if you need more reach.
Boost the output of the stock EVSE included with the new Chrysler Pacifica Plugin Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEV) to cut charge times in half.
Boost the output of the stock EVSE included with the 2016-2018 GM Volt and GM Bolt to cut charge times in half. Look for GM part #2427-7224 or #2428-0118 or #2428-8872 (these are just a few of the known numbers)
Need some help identifying your wall outlet? We can help! Below is a description of the more common NEMA outlets and their numbers as well as some handy NEMA plug charts. You can also email us a pic of your plugs and outlets you need help identifying and we would be happy to help.
Here are the more common NEMA outlets:
- 5-15 standard 15A 120 volt household outlet, the most common you see everywhere.
- 5-20 standard 20A 120 volt household outlet, required by code in bathroom and behind your refrigerator.
- 6-15 standard 15A 240 volt household outlet, found in homes and motels for running in-wall Air Conditioners, it’s the smaller brother to the NEMA 6-20 outlet. The 5-20 is not as common as a 6-20 outlet with it’s “T” shaped slot as it will accept both 6-20 and 6-15 plugs.
- 6-20 standard 20A 240 volt household outlet, found in homes and motels for running in-wall Air Conditioners, also found occasionally in residential garages.
- 6-50 standard 50A 240 volt 3-prong outlet, found in shops and garages used for large welders.
- 10-30 standard 30A 240 volt 3-prong Dryer outlet found in homes build before 1996
- 14-30 standard 30A 240 volt 4-prong Dryer outlet found in homes build in 1996 and newer
- 14-50 standard 50A 240 volt 4-prong Range (electric stove top) outlet, also called RV-50 at the RV parks. By far the best universal connector to have for an EVSE. This is the one the Tesla guys install in their garages.
- TT-30 (Travel Trailer 30amp) 30A 120 volt 3-prong outlet, the older style found in RV parks, not used in residential homes.
- L6-30 (locking 240 volt 30amp) Twist-Lock 30A 240 volt outlet, my personal favorite locking connector, easy to find in stores, works great for adding adapters to portables EVSE’s equipped with a L6-30 plug.
220/240 volt outlets are commonly install with the ground pin towards the ceiling for safety. 110/120 volt outlets can be found mounted in all directions. Be sure to carefully look at your outlet and the chart, it's easy to mistake one outlet for another if your outlet has it's ground pin facing the floor instead of the ceiling or Vice Versa compared to the chart.
In the full NEMA number you will see a capital R or P. The R stands for Receptacle (outlet) and the P stands for Plug, we commonly truncate this to just the numbers and add the word receptacle (or outlet) at the end. For example 14-50R becomes 14-50 receptacle or 14-50 outlet.
I custom build Extension Cords to the length you need and with the plug and outlet of your choice, If you don't see what you need Email me with your custom request.
We Also Recommend
EVSE adapter plugs into 1996 and up Dryer outlets and 50amp Electric Range outlets - Adapter #18
EVSE adapter to plug into common 15amp and 20amp 120 volt wall outlets, for 6-20P EVSE's - Adapter #57