30amp EV Adapter Extension Cord Customize Your Own
This is the EV Adapter Extension Cord Customize Your Own Page, here you pick your own Plug and Outlets amongst many choices, this is offered as an easier alternative to looking through our catalog for a pre-configured Adapters and Extension Cords to fit your needs. This Adapter Extension cord is commonly used for 24amp EVSEs such as the Tesla Mobile Connector - portable charging cord with 30amp plugs. Need a 20amp version? click here: 20amp EV Adapter Extension Cord Customize Your Own
14-xx Plug: This option does not have a neutral blade which is not needed as none of the outlet options for this product have a neutral connection. With the 14-xx universal configuration, It will fit into the 14-50 outlets commonly found in RV parks, sign up at https://www.plugshare.com/ to see the surprising number of RV parks with 14-50 outlets and Tesla owners sharing their home 14-50 outlets with the community.
The 14-xx universal plug also fits into common 14-30 outlets which are the newer dryer outlets (1996+) allowing you to take it on the road and plug into a friends dryer outlet. EVSE's and our electric vehicles don’t require the neutral line so this plug works slick by eliminating the neutral blade, we can then plug into several 14-series NEMA outlets.
Also allows you to plug your EVSE into:
NEMA 14-30 (common dryer outlet)
NEMA 14-50 (common Range/Stove outlet, 50amp RV outlet)
NEMA 14-60 (found at some Fair grounds)
Technical note: Electrically EVSE's and our Electric Vehicles do not require a neutral connection, just one ground and two hots, The 14-xx version of this extension is kept a lighter-weight and lower-cost by not carrying the additional unused 4th conductor (neutral).
Need some help identifying your wall outlet? We can help! Below is a description of the more common NEMA outlets and their numbers as well as some handy NEMA plug charts. You can also email us a pic of your plugs and outlets you need help identifying and we would be happy to help.
Here are the more common NEMA outlets:
- 5-15 standard 15A 120 volt household outlet, the most common you see everywhere.
- 5-20 standard 20A 120 volt household outlet, required by code in bathroom and behind your refrigerator.
- 6-15 standard 15A 240 volt household outlet, found in homes and motels for running in-wall Air Conditioners, it’s the smaller brother to the NEMA 6-20 outlet. The 5-20 is not as common as a 6-20 outlet with it’s “T” shaped slot as it will accept both 6-20 and 6-15 plugs.
- 6-20 standard 20A 240 volt household outlet, found in homes and motels for running in-wall Air Conditioners, also found occasionally in residential garages.
- 6-50 standard 50A 240 volt 3-prong outlet, found in shops and garages used for large welders.
- 10-30 standard 30A 240 volt 3-prong Dryer outlet found in homes build before 1996
- 14-30 standard 30A 240 volt 4-prong Dryer outlet found in homes build in 1996 and newer
- 14-50 standard 50A 240 volt 4-prong Range (electric stove top) outlet, also called RV-50 at the RV parks. By far the best universal connector to have for an EVSE. This is the one the Tesla guys install in their garages.
- TT-30 (Travel Trailer 30amp) 30A 120 volt 3-prong outlet, the older style found in RV parks, not used in residential homes.
- L6-30 (locking 240 volt 30amp) Twist-Lock 30A 240 volt outlet, my personal favorite locking connector, easy to find in stores, works great for adding adapters to portables EVSE’s equipped with a L6-30 plug.
220/240 volt outlets are commonly install with the ground pin towards the ceiling for safety. 110/120 volt outlets can be found mounted in all directions. Be sure to carefully look at your outlet and the chart, it's easy to mistake one outlet for another if your outlet has it's ground pin facing the floor instead of the ceiling or Vice Versa compared to the chart.
In the full NEMA number you will see a capital R or P. The R stands for Receptacle (outlet) and the P stands for Plug, we commonly truncate this to just the numbers and add the word receptacle (or outlet) at the end. For example 14-50R becomes 14-50 receptacle or 14-50 outlet.
I custom build Extension Cords to the length you need and with the plug and outlet of your choice, If you don't see what you need Email me with your custom request.
We Also Recommend
EVSE adapter plugs into 1996 and up Dryer outlets and 50amp Electric Range outlets - Adapter #18
EVSE adapter to plug into common 15amp and 20amp 120 volt wall outlets, for 6-20P EVSE's - Adapter #57
Adapter #90 20amp - 14-xx Plug to 5-15 / 5-20 socket TURBO adapter For all Tesla, 2016+ Volt and Bolt EVSE's and for Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid